Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Resting in pieces

You took me in and cared like no other.. You believed in me like no one else has.. You looked and saw the best in me.. You were all that they could never be..

If one day I realize.. how I've fallen so deeply for you, and by that time you may have already found someone new.. Wishing how you could have been my destiny and that I've let you go for uncertainty.. Then I will dream of you with a smile and a tear in my eye.. Twice as much pain as I am feeling now.. Recalling the days of how I forced my heart not to beat for you.. When you are all that I ever wanted to come true..

I may regret ever turning away from something that may never come again.. But the person you were meaning to have.. can never be whole again.. A part of me is owned and forever will be.. But then again.. it's just so little of me that they could ever see..

I'm hurt for I think I love you.. I'm not sure.. Maybe I don't want to.. I need you.. No I don't.. I'm wounded and I just can't hold you.. I've got to let you go..

I've got to find myself for I am lost.. I am wandering amidst the shadows of my past.. I am torn apart.. I am confused and yet I know what I want.. I want you.. and yet.. I feel empty inside..

I am wounded..
I can't look at you..
For you might just be like the rest who came before you..

I'm not sure..
Maybe I'm just restless..
But I hope you know..
That you're perfect..
Just the way you are..

0 comments: